Posted on 11 May 2011
For a while I have been wanting to write a Jekyll plugin to automatically index all pages on IndexTank. I was reminded to this by the introduction of Tapir and decided to finally go ahead and create the plugin.
I'm about to graduate for my Software Engineering Bachelor and will be starting as a Ruby and IOS developer at Kabisa soon. I haven't done much Ruby work yet (I used to be more of a Python guy), so this was an excellent chance for me to practice my Ruby skills a bit.
Posted on 13 April 2011
Recent developments have made possible what a lot of people have been waiting for: AirPlay music streaming to non-Apple (licensed) hardware. A lot of people have asked me since if I could include this in Airplayer. While this is certainly possible, I've decided not to do that. Here's why.
Posted on 5 January 2011
Recently, I've been working on Airplayer, a Python script to make media playing software Apple Airplay compatible.
It currently supports XBMC, Plex and Boxee, but could support any media playing software through the 'pluggable backends' feature.
Posted on 10 November 2010
Recently, I wanted to assign a second public IP address to a Linux (Debian) server. First thing that came to mind was to create a network interface alias like so:
iface eth0 inet dhcp iface eth0:0 inet static address x.x.x.x (the secondary IP) gateway x.x.x.x (the secondary IP gateway) netmask x.x.x.x (the secondary IP netmask)
Creating a network interface alias makes sense because both my IP addresses are in the same subnet. Doing this worked, but it also posed a problem. I had to be able to specifiy which of my IP addresses was used for outbound connections. Here's how.
Posted on 28 October 2010
For the last few years my website has been running on a custom made PHP (eew) 'blog engine'. Nowadays I prefer to code my websites using Python and Django.
However, Django is quite memory intensive (for my 128MB RAM vps server that is) and it's way to advanced for a simple blog and some static pages anyway. So I decided to take a different road.
Posted on 4 January 2009
A little while ago, I found myself in the position of needing a UIProgressView in a color different then the default blue. I was suprised to find out that the UIProgressView class does not support setting a tintcolor. So I decided to subclass UIProgressView and draw my own ProgressView with support for setting a tintcolor.
The result became 'PDColoredProgressView'.